The Annual General Meeting will take place on the 18th November 2021. Details of how to register to attend will be issued in due course.
2021 Board Election
The six candidates standing for election this year for the position of Non-Executive Director on the Nominet board are:
- Ashley La Bolle
- David Thornton
- Jim Davies
- Liz Williams
- Simon Blackler
- Stephen Yarrow
This year there are two vacancies. The successful candidates will both serve a three-year term until AGM 2024.
Following recommendations from the 2015 Election sub-committee, the Nominet Board agreed on the process for Non-Executive Director elections and published a framework in advance to help ensure clarity for both members and potential candidates.
Details of the framework used are described below:
- Any individual nominated and seconded by two members and eligible to be appointed as a director of a UK company may stand. Nominet will undertake due diligence to ensure this minimum threshold is met; a formal check will be made using publicly available information (see https://www.gov.uk/company-director-disqualification ).
- Candidates are required to sign the non-executive director contract.
- Candidates are required to sign a Declaration of Good Character.
- Proposers and seconders must provide a brief statement for publication on their nominees’ suitability for a position on Nominet’s Board.
- Prior to the formal call for nominations, candidates considering standing may wish to speak with the Nominet Chair to gain a fuller understanding of the role.
Board recommendation of candidates
- The Board reserves the right to make a recommendation should it feel that this is in the best interests of the company.
Election materials and communication
- In order to ensure conflicts of interest are declared in candidate statements, Nominet will run a formal check for directorships to ensure there are no omissions, and will request that any material relationships with Nominet are clearly articulated.
- Candidates’ statements, declarations of interest, and any statements from supporters, will be published in the voting pack.
- Nominet will only issue a disclaimer if we felt that the statement was not a fair representation of events or was defamatory. We reserve the right not to publish a statement that we are advised is defamatory.
- All voting papers will be issued electronically.
The voting rights for the 2021 AGM and NED election were calculated on Friday 1st October 2021.
If you have a query or complaint related to the Nominet Non-Executive Director Elections, please send it to the Company Secretary, in their role as the Elections Convener.
Please email your complaint to [email protected], remembering to include the following information:
- Your name and contact details
- A clear description of your concern or complaint
- What steps you’d like us to take to resolve the issue
- ‘Complaint’ specified clearly in the subject line of your email.
You can also make your complaint by post to:
Edmund Halley Road
Oxford Science Park
The Elections Convener will acknowledge your complaint as soon as received and aim to respond within five working days. If this isn’t possible, you’ll be contacted within this time as to when to expect a response.
The Elections Convener will review the information you provided to decide how to respond and whether there’s a need to involve Civica (our independent scrutineer), or colleagues from other parts of the company, to investigate it. We’ll keep your complaint on file to help us monitor the number and types of complaints we receive.